Wednesday, January 16, 2008

And It Begins...


Well I recently started scanning a collection of 500+ vintage WWII pictures that my mother received from my uncle, who is now deceased. The pictures I have and will post were taken by Edward Madden, of the USS LST 757. Most of the photos are from the Philippines. Some are in combat, some on the ship, some of the Japanese surrender, and a lot more. I don't know the story behind every photo, but I will put up as much as I can for each one, and if you have any info on any of the photos I post, please comment and say what you know!

I have posted a couple pictures so far, but expect a lot more to come. I will be posted a couple pictures a day, so keep checking back! I'm excited to share these historic pictures with all of you, and I hope you all enjoy!

The picture you see above is what the pictures are in. This is how I received them, in a plastic container. They were in bunches, in between cut cardboard pieces, held together with rubber bands. Not the best way to store photos but hey, they still are in good condition and unaffected.

Thanks!
Ryan.

1 comment:

Quahogger said...

I would like to learn more about the photos you have. My grandfather was stationed originally aboard LST 333, but after that vessel was sunk in June, 1943, he was assigned to LST 757. He has since passed away, but I am trying to piece together his story. Any information you have would be tremendously helpful.

Yours,
John Brennan
John@Quahogger.com